Sunday, July 09, 2006

I haven not written a blog in a while so i supposes i have much to talk about. So let me begin delving into the beginning. My first semester as a grad student was disrupted by a freak floods which caused the University to close for almost a week. This was great because i got a nice long vacation to recharge my batteries before my final projects were due. I also had a lot of free time.
This is an indept explanation of my week home in Old Forge. Thurseday the 29th is when i came home I did nothing special during the day mostly relaxeds. I went to Lois Anne's cousin Phils baseball game during the evening then went to see Superman Returns. I was anticpating a much better movie. Don't get me wrong it was a good movie but nothing fantastic. Thats what I thought. I went home and then went bed to get my rest for Def Leppard.

Friday I woke up early to work on my instructional design manual. I was basically done writting it I just needed to edit screen shots using photoshop. This the majority of the morning annd some of the afternoon. Once my brother came home from work he destroyed all motivation I had to do work. We hung out for awhile then we got ready and picked up the rest of our group of friends going to the concert. We arrived a few hrs before Journey was set to go on stage. None of us were Journey fans so we opted to stay and tailgate a little longer in the parking lot. When we finished tailgating we went into the venue and got a spot on the lawn next to my girlfriend and her entourage. The show was ok, Def Leppard sounded good but they played a very short set which displeased us.

Saturday was a fun day for me, I did a lot of relaxing during the day and went to a few 4th of July parties. I stopped by Kelly Casey's party first with Shaun. This was a good time I got to see some of my friends for the first time in a while. I played some horseshoes and drank a couple beers. Then it was off to Nikki's party. I drank a couple more beers there and then ended up at Maxi's to meet Al, Chuck, Gilbert and Jon showed up later. This was a good time I always enjoy hanging out with Al and Chuck. We drank there for awhile and watched Pearl Jam storytellers. Then I went back to Nikkis with Alan, Jon and Chuck. i hung out there the rest of the night and then we all went home.


Sunday and Monday were very basic days I went to dinnner with Lois Anne, Jon and Camille to an Italian Resteraunt which I cant remember the name of. It was good I got some gnoochis. Lois Anne got a calzone that was the size of Montana...literally. After that I went home and watched entourage. Monday I woke up early to help my day move some wood. This took up my whole morning. It was a very hot morning not the type of morning you want to be up moving wood. After that I layed around until the evening. Lois Anne and I went to see "The Devil Wears Prada" at night. It was a pretty good movie. I was surprised that I liked it.

Tuesday was the 4th of July. Jon, Camille, Lois Anne and I went to Dorney for the afternoon. Dorney was a good time especially Steel Force. That ride left all of us speechless. When we got home from the park I went over Lois Anne's grandmothers house to watch some family fireworks. After that I went up to Montage Mtn for some more fireworks

Wednesday I had to go back to school and I was unpleasant. Oh well I guess had the best time I could while I was home.

I'm only this far and tomorrow leads my way
JK

No comments: