Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Today is the day that we celebrate our countries independence. For most of us that means, fireworks, cook outs, beer and most importantly a day off of work. For me that meant rain and coldfusion. There is a little tradition that is becoming synonymous with July 4th. That tradition is Nathan's hot dog eating contest. For the last 6 years the competition has seen Takeru Kobayashi completely dwarf the competition en route to victory after victory. This year in a magnificent display of eating, American Joey Chestnut, shattered the previous world record set by Kobayashi, on his way to victory.

After my brother called me to let me in on the historic happenings, I immediately have thoughts of when Rocky defeated the Russian Ivan Drago. It was a great moment for our country. I will now refer to this day as our generations Miracle on Ice.

If all gods people could be free to live in perfect harmony, it's a miracle
JK

No comments: