Monday, January 07, 2008

For Christmas, Lynn got me a sushi making kit. I know what your thinking, what a great gift. I love sushi and I am beginning to burgeon my culinary skills. Tonight was the night that we finally christened the set. Making sushi is a whole lot of fun.

We decided to keep it simple with our ingredients, so we did not use any fish, except imitation crab meat. Along with the crab meat, we used avocado, shredded carrots and tofu. We experimented with different combinations of all these ingredients.

At first I thought the hardest part would be the rolling of seaweed (nori). This actually proved to be quite simple, except that the packaged nori that came with the kit was pretty dried and cracked. No need to fear we just made smaller rolls. The hardest part actually was the preparing of the rice. It was very time consuming and require a lot of attention. Overall the preparation took well over 2 hours. All in all it was a blast and I cant wait to try more ingredients and actually use real fish.

Here are some pictures of the escapades, sushi pictures.

Ketchup is for winners, Ted!!
JK

No comments: