Monday, January 28, 2008

Quick update: I am quite ill and I have not been at work for a few days because of my illness. Good news is that I am getting better.

With that said I just watched the documentary "Sicko", and I recommend everyone watching this film. It chronicles how absurd American health care is and takes a look at how many countries have free National health care. It really brings to light how our insurance companies are more interested with increasing their profit margin than actually helping someone.

I cant say I know a whole lot about the issues surrounding health care, but the movie does raise one valid question. Why, like many other countries such as England, Canada, France and even Cuba, can we not have free health care?

That deaf, dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball.
JK

No comments: