Monday, November 24, 2008

For the longest time, my favorite book has been Michael Chabon's "Mysteries of Pittsburgh". I really get swept up in the whole "last summer before you have to grown up" storyline and I enjoy the characters that Chabon creates within the books chapters. It was safe to say that I was very excited when I heard they were going to adapt the novel into a movie. Sunday night I finally saw the movie. Where excitement once rested, has now been replaced by disappointment.

After reading the preliminary movie reviews, my expectations were low. But I did not expect the movie to be as bad as what I saw on screen. I mean there was a great story and some quality actors to work with.

Overall the movie was more of a comedy that you watch on cinemax at 2 a.m.

Don't get me wrong the movie did have some bright spots. There was some great original music and the Director really got some great shots of Pittsburgh. There was also a nice scene reminiscent of the Garden State pool scene and the ending was pretty true to form.

I have never walked out of a movie, but throughout the mysteries i fought the urge to leave numerous times. I feel that I have to reread the novel asap to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I do not know if this is good or bad news but the movie now has a distributor and will be showing on movie screens across the States soon.

If there is a god, he is laughing at us
JK

No comments: