Thursday, March 15, 2007

I hope everyone filled out their brackets this year for the NCAA tournament. I usually complete about a dozen of them a year and that was no different this year. I started my yearly pool with all my friends to see who is the master of college basketball.

If you r hoping that I disclose the winner of the tournament I am sorry but I have no concrete answer. In my polls I have picked 4 different winners, including Kansas, Florida, Texas A&M and Texas. Regardless of who wins, this time of year is spent rooting for the underdog. I am hoping to some day see a 1 seed get beaten by a 16 seed, with the improving competition in the NCAA, I think that could possibly hear in the near future.

Once the tournament is all said and done I hope for the sake of college basketball that many of the star freshman in the college ranks are not going to be one and down players and that they stink around for a few more years. I am not speaking of all freshman since Kevin Durant and Greg Oden should already be in the nba, but mainly players that have good freshman years, such as Brandan Wright from UNC and Scottie Reynolds from Nova, players who have had great freshman seasons but are a few years from contributing in the NBA. Time will tell


JK

No comments: