Sunday, March 18, 2007

What does it mean to be a friend? Is it someone you share an acquaintance with through a job or a class, that call you when they need a favor or have a question to ask you. Is it someone that you will acknowledge as you walk pass them on a routine basis. Is it someone that you spend time with in a relaxed setting like a bar or a restaurant. I guess it could be a little of everything

I feel that a friend is someone who helps you forget about the harshness that is reality. I am not saying that I have a hard life, because I don't. I have been quite privilege my entire life, but we all do go through tough times whether it be job related, school issues or relationship problems. In those times we need to surround ourselves with people that help us escape those realities and help us cope with them. I think a friend is best summed up as someone you put in charge of your well being.

JK

No comments: