Sunday, April 22, 2007

Its Sunday night, I am sitting in my apartment drinking some delicious yerba mate, and listening to the talking heads. I feel that this is the most opportune time to write a blog. This evenings blog will encompass 4 fantastic topics.

1. CAC is over!! The capstone project of my graduate career is finish and my group ended up winning the award for best written proposal. I also got the chance to brush shoulders with some IIT alum's and hopefully got myself a job.

2. Since I don't have to spend all my free time working on this project, I know have more Jason time and you know what that means? Upgraded the netflix account!! I am back to the more comfortable 3 movies at a time plan. It was killing me only having two movies at a time and not even being able to watch them.

3. Web 2.0 is phrase coined for websites that facilitate collaboration between individuals. These websites include social networking sites (facebook, myspace) and wiki's. With that said I saw an article about a web 2.0 site that allows you to buy a drink at a bar for a friend. The idea is that you will purchase drinks for a friend and that friend will be emailed a code that he/she will present at participating bars and then will be given a drink. Currently the site has 40 participating bars, that are located in and around New York city. I really hope this idea catches on, so that I can send my friend e-drinks!
Here's a link to the site: buyYourFriendADrink.com

4. With the help of my illustrator Joe Hughes, I have crafted two original cards for my munchkin game. The cards are a sword "The light sword" and a curse. I cant wait to integrate the cards in my game asap.

well that is all for this evening

Jesus helps me trick people
JK

No comments: