Saturday, April 14, 2007

A wise man once told me never to say goodbye. Goodbye is too final, but today I have three goodbyes for you. The first being Kurt Vonnegut. Mr. Vonnegut passed away earlier this week at the age of 84. Kurt was best know for his satirical writing and that was best displayed in his classic novel Slaughterhouse Five.

My second goodbye is for Don Imus. Imus was fired from his radio show by CBS after his racially insensitive comments towards the Rutgers University womens basketball team. I can honestly say I did not think Imus was going to get fired, even though he definitely deserved to be fired. I have heard of worst cases where the individual received nothing more than a slap on the wrist. It is nice to see that someone is drawing a line on what can be said and what can not be said.

My third and final goodbye is for Trey Anastasio. Trey pleaded guilty this week to possession of a controlled substance. Trey's punishment will be to complete a drug rehab program and then 5 years probation. If he does not complete the drug rehab he will be going to jail for 1-3 years. So Trey, for your own sake and for the sake of everyone that hopes one day Phish will tour again, please complete the drug rehab.

We can bomb the world to pieces
but we cant bomb it into peace
JK

No comments: