Monday, March 10, 2008

Hello everyone! This is sure to be a long blog since it is my first since moving to Pittsburgh and there is a lot to mention. First off, the move went very well. We had some traffic and some periodic snow, but nothing that derailed us from getting to our destination. We also have a fantastic crew of helpers that made unpacking much more pleasant than normal.

The main reason that I have not blogged until now, has been because of how busy Lynn and I have been. We have spent a majority of our time either, unpacking, shopping (bought a new couch, its arriving this Wednesday), assembling stuff ( I am never putting a desk together again!!) and last but not least getting acquainted with our new home. As you can see, there hasnt been much free time and also we did not have internet until Wednesday.

Since we have been hear, we have not done too much exploring outside of the grocery store and malls. We have visited some of my friends out here and hope to visit Lynn's friend Kasi this week. We did find time to catch the Bodies exhibit at the carnegie science center. The exhibit was extremely fascinating and I recommend it for anyone who isn't faint-of-heart.

On the downside, I was suppose to start my new job tomorrow morning, but because of unforeseen problems and bad timing, I wont be starting until hopefully next week but at the latest the following week. This is good news and bad news. It is good because now I can have some extra time to get myself more organized and I can take some time to refresh myself with some css and databasing.

I can only speak for myself, but I am very excited and please with the recent move to Pittsburgh. There have been many times where I felt that nothing will ever go right but after all is said and done it has been totally worth it.

Tired of tired of running town to town, tired of my heart turned upside down, now my lifes a smile not a frown
JK

No comments: