Monday, March 24, 2008

I am starting to think the grocery store is my favorite place in the whole wide world. On average Lynn and I spend about an hour per visit and usually are there at least twice a week. We usually go at it with a list or on the more daring moods do it on the fly. In Pittsburgh, we are conveniently situated right smack dab in the middle of numerous stores including Giant Eagle, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and many more.

I am starting to notice somethings about the shopping in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh citizens like to stock on their would-be essentials. I am learning that essentials for Pittsburghers are bananas, cereal, bread and eggs. It is not out of the ordinary for people to leave the store with three or four of each of those items.

Another thing that I have noticed about food shopping in Pittsburgh is that the name of one of the supermarket chains is called Giant Eagle. A city that is dominated by sports, most importantly football would have a store name after two of their tri-state rivals the giants and the eagles. These are just two of the things that I have noticed in my short sting in the city.

www.lynnreichard.com

JK

No comments: