Sunday, March 16, 2008

Well since the last time I blogged a lot has happened. I will be started my new job tomorrow at 830 in the morning. I have to report to Craig Hall for Orientation and then on Tuesday I need to report to my office for my official first day. The last two weeks off from work have been very nice, but I am definitely ready to start my new job and to make some money.

Money has become increasingly tight lately. This is because both Lynn and I failed to receive our last pay checks. I have heard most people say "well thats just bad timing" and my answer to that is, yes it was. My old company and Lynn's current did not pay us for work we did. The timing could not have been worse. There is not much we can do about it now, except wait until Monday and call so we can get to the bottom of it.

Friday night, we had our first date night in Pittsburgh. We started by going to Mr. Smalls (amongst many things, it is a concert venue) to purchase tickets to see Grace Potter and the Nocturnals with the Duo tonight. It becomes quite obvious whose idea this was. Afterwards we traveled to a Ethiopian restaurant called Abay. I definitely recommend Ethiopian cuisine, it was a very delicious and modestly priced meal. After that we wanted to go up the incline and get some pictures of the city, but since it was raining we had to settle for our second choice....the Warhol Museum!!! I was not upset about that. I like a lot of Andy Warhol's art and from walking through the museum I got to see a lot more. It also gave Lynn the chance to shine and wow me with her knowledge of art. All and all it was a fantastic evening and we hope for many more.

All I have left to look forward to is some Sunday afternoon cleaning, the concert tonight and my first day of work tomorrow. I will be trying to post pictures sometime this week. So check back often and maybe you can see some of them

You give me something to remember, each time you look into my eyes
JK

No comments: