Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Well I have started my new job and I have a few days under my belt. I really like what I will be doing and I also really like the people that I am working with. So far I have not been working on too much besides getting acquainted with the new surroundings and completing compliance modules. Tomorrow I will be getting my feet wet in the companies many servers.

I have compiled a short list of three areas that my new job is far better than my last: 1) I have a increasingly better computer with administrator status. 2) Today I mentioned that I did not have macromedia flash on my computer and instead of being told to find an alternative or download a trial, my supervisor Tim reached into his desk and gave me a copy of the program. 3) Last but not least I have been my very own office. This office is just temporary until the department increases its office space. Those are just three of the perks.

With any new job comes new responsibilities. I spent this evening enrolling in my benefits. I had to pick my health, dental and vision plans. I also had to choose my primary dental and health physicians. After that I picked my life insurance plans and then I had to name my beneficiaries. It was just two weeks ago when I had no insurance at all and now I have the best insurance the University of Pittsburgh can offer. This brings a smile to my face because I am much needing some check ups.

I got it all here in my head, there's nothing more needs to be said
JK

No comments: